I HEARTILY endorse the sentiments expressedby David Honeybell regarding the fund-raising for the Holy Spirit Church in Heckmondwike.
As the Spenborough Guardian reported in last week’s paper, the man responsible for building the church was Father John O’Connor, who GK Chesterton loosely based his Father Brown novels on.
The BBC has been showing the series of the priest detectives in the afternoons.
The church is unusual in this area in that it is built in the Greco/Roman style and is well worth preserving.
All donations can be made payable to the Holy Spirit Restoration Fund, and sent to the presbytery in Bath Road.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Ripped at the seams – Amazing Brides ruined my wedding
- Mining scheme which threatened Wakefield’s new Bretton Hotel refused planning permission
- Inquest: Musician Andy Banks’ death was accidental
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South