“What a performance!”, “a feast for eye and ear”, “a truly professional show” in letters large, were just some of the remarks by the audience leaving Batley Town Hall on Saturday night after a standing ovation had been given to the Batley Amateur Thespian Society.
The performers’ sheer joy and exuberance at performing an evening of song and dance came over the footlights and transmitted itself to the audience, who felt that they too could share the energy displayed.
For me the show was not long enough and I came away full of admiration for all involved in the Thoroughly Modern Musicals. The best part was I felt 10 years younger when I came out of the hall, than when I went in.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Ripped at the seams – Amazing Brides ruined my wedding
- Mining scheme which threatened Wakefield’s new Bretton Hotel refused planning permission
- Inquest: Musician Andy Banks’ death was accidental
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South