It was good to see that over a thousand people, had signed the petition objecting to the closure of the A&E department at Dewsbury and District Hospital.
I looked on the internet to see how many people live in Dewsbury, Batley, Heckmondwike and Mirfield and it is approximately 138,679 – so we have a long way to go to get everybody on board to sign up.
Everyone who lives in these towns should sign up now, to send a message to the NHS Mid Yorkshire Hospital Trust that we want this service to continue as it is now. All of us may need this service in the future and the thought of having to travel to Wakefield, Leeds or Huddersfield to get urgent treatment is unthinkable and unacceptable.
Our MP Mike Wood is right when he writes “that the Trust cannot continue as it is”. We need a change now.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
- EXCLUSIVE: Six arrested for overstaying visas
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west