Fire crews called to flat blaze

0
Have your say

Firefighters were called out to a small fire at a flat in Liversedge yesterday.

The incident happened around 5.30pm at the ground floor flat in Crown House, Halifax Road, Millbridge.

A fire spokesman said the occupier had gone out having accidentally left on an electric hob. Papers next to it then began to smoulder and set off a smoke alarm which was heard by a neighbour.

Crews from Batley and Cleckheaton attended and used special equipment to clear the flat of smoke.

No-one was injured.