Firefighters tackle carpet blaze in Heckmondwike

editorial image
0
Have your say

A Heckmondwike home was filled with smoke when a fire in the garden got out of control.

Firefighters from Dewsbury Fire Station were called to Claremont Road just before 3pm yesterday (Monday).

Crew commander Howard Moxon said: “Off-cuts from a carpet had been set on fire because they were having carpets fitted.

“The occupiers were quite lucky. The property became smoke logged and we had to use a fan to clear that. There was some minor damage to the outside of the property from the heat but with a little bit of scrubbing they’ll never know there was a fire.”