Beer bash boost
THOUSANDS of pounds have been raised for charity thanks to a beer festival.
Proceeds from the Bobtown Beer Bash, which took place in July, were split between a number of charities including Roberttown Community Centre, which hosts preschool playgroups, arts groups, exercise sessions and slimming groups.
Other charities to benefit were All Saints Church in Roberttown; Kirkwood Hospice; Forces charity Battleback and the horticultural section of Ponderosa Park.
Cheques were presented at an event at the Old Colonial Club in Mirfield, owned by organiser Tim Wood.
Festival chairman Malcolm Firth said: “It is gratifying that the hard work put into organising the festival benefits such important causes. It is important that much of the money from this great community event goes back to Roberttown, but also that charities should benefit too.”
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Ripped at the seams – Amazing Brides ruined my wedding
- Mining scheme which threatened Wakefield’s new Bretton Hotel refused planning permission
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West