The newly established Construction Academy at Kirklees College welcomed a special visitor when MP Mike Wood met students.
The academy in Dewsbury, which opened in August, is home to 130 students training for various construction trade roles including joinery, plastering, decorating and tiling.
Mr Wood (Lab) said: “I was very impressed with Kirklees College Construction Academy, its curriculum leader Jonathan Inglesfield and the young men and women who are training there.”
The academy was set up in a disused college building using a £200,000 grant from the Skills Funding Agency.
Batley and Spen MP Mr Wood also congratulated the College on its latest Ofsted report, in which inspectors gave an overall rating of ‘excellent’.
“Uniquely, the college has raised its attainment by two grades in one go I understand.
“Everyone at Kirklees College contributing to this have to be congratulated,” he said.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
- EXCLUSIVE: Six arrested for overstaying visas
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North