DCSIMG

Chip pan fire at family home in Cleckheaton

 

A chip pan caused a blaze which was tackled by fire fighters at a family home in Cleckheaton last night.

A mother was treated for smoke inhalation after fire crews were called to the house on Valley Road at 10am.

Fire fighters said she got her three children, aged 10, six and seven months, out of the house and dialled 999 after the chip pan set the kitchen alight.

Crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the fire. The kitchen was badly burnt and the rest of the house was smoke damaged.

Watch commander Darren Haley said the woman was treated by paramedics at the scene but did not go to hospital.

He said: “She got her kids together and got straight out of the house before calling us out.

“We would advise people to stay safe and not leave cooking unattended. If anyone needs a home fire safety check they can contact their local fire station.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page