Derelict mill fire
FIRE crews were called out on New Year’s Day to a blaze at an abandoned mill in Cleckheaton.
Units were called out from Cleckheaton and Odsal fire stations at 4.15pm after the roof of the buildings in the old Northgate Mills complex in Serpantine Road caught fire.
A fire is thought to have started inside the building, before setting the roof alight.
The fire service were called after black smoke was seen coming from the roof of the derelict building.
The fire is thought to have been started deliberately and the incident is now being investigated by the police.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Ripped at the seams – Amazing Brides ruined my wedding
- Mining scheme which threatened Wakefield’s new Bretton Hotel refused planning permission
- Inquest: Musician Andy Banks’ death was accidental
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South