Fire in timber shed
A fire broke out at a timber merchants in Hightown last night.
Fire crews from Cleckheaton and Batley were called out at 11.26pm and spent more than two hours tackling a blaze at a 20-metre-long shed at Howarth’s Timber in Hare Park Lane.
Part of the building’s asbestos roof collapsed, but nobody was injured, and two vehicles housed inside the shed were also saved from damage.
Police are now investigating, as there was no electricity supply in the shed and nobody was working on the site at the time.
Howard Perry, assistant manager at Howarth Timber, said: “We are still open for business today – but we will be offering limited services. It was after we all went home, so we are just happy that nobody was around to be injured.”
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
- EXCLUSIVE: Six arrested for overstaying visas
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west