Having a loco-Christmas!
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the annual mince pie run at Spen’s miniature railway, which once again proved to be one of the area’s most popular festive events.
The Spenborough Model Engineers held the event at the railway in Royds Park, where parents and children had the chance to ride the miniature trains, while enjoying a free mince pie.
Keith Ainley, secretary of the group, said: “We had a fantastic response – people came along in droves. We were kept busy right until the very end.”
The mince pie special was the last event of the season, and the railway will reopen in April.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
- EXCLUSIVE: Six arrested for overstaying visas
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North