Updated: Latest on injured Shaw Cross Sharks player Ryan Glynn
Shaw Cross Sharks have released the following statement regarding their player Ryan Glynn, who suffered a severe spinal injury at last weekend’s game against Elland.
A spokesman for the club said: “Ryan is currently at the spinal unit at Sheffield. I am told this is one of the best facilities in the country.
“Ryan has a small artery in his neck which is slighlty blocked caused by the trauma of injury and the eight hour operation. He is on medication to combat this and at this time has to remain lying down at all times.
“There will be many ups and downs along the way and despite this setback he is in good spirits and takes great comfort from the visitors / messages etc.
“Let’s crank the momentum up everyone - get on twitter #ForGynny
“We are currently in the process of organising a massive fundraising event - a boxing and auction night. Further details to follow.
“We are still inundated with calls and messages and items are arriving every day for our auction.”
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Ripped at the seams – Amazing Brides ruined my wedding
- Mining scheme which threatened Wakefield’s new Bretton Hotel refused planning permission
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South