Wyke double fatal car crash update
THE two men killed in an horrific car crash in Wyke are thought to be brothers.
The 27-year-old and 31-year-old men from Buttershaw in Bradford were in a Ford Focus which was torn in half when it hit a tree in Woodside Road just before midnight.
Onlookers said the two were brothers.
A police spokesman said the car failed to stop when requested by officers.
The incident will now be referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission by West Yorkshire Police.
People living nearby said they had heard a loud bang and seen emergency vehicles’ lights and the police helicopter.
Road closures are in place on Woodside Road junction with Huddersfield Road while the investigation continues.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the major collision and enquiry team on the police non-emergency number 101.
- Heckmondwike Grammar Old Scholars go online
- Beds to be slashed in £38m shake-up at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust
- Man threatened pair with a baseball bat in East Bierley home
- EXCLUSIVE: Six arrested for overstaying visas
- UPDATE: Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies- her politics divided a nation
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Cleckheaton
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 28 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North