Portable heater causes fire at family home

Latest news...
Latest news...

A fire broke out in a family home last night (Wednesday).

A portable heater caused the blaze inside an upstairs bedroom in Ravenshouse Road, Dewsbury, at around 9.35pm.

Fire crews from Dewsbury and Mirfield attended the scene for about and hour.

Firefighter Neil Morris said: “It was full of smoke upstairs and there were flames coming out of the windows.”

Nobody was injured and residents were already gathered outside the home when firefighters arrived.

The main damage was caused by smoke.