Woman hospitalised after Cleckheaton house fire

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

0
Have your say

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after newspaper set alight next to her wood burning stove.

The 21 year old was treated for smoke inhalation after the fire at her home in Platt Square at about 9.30pm last night (Thursday).

Crew commander Laura Boocock said the papers set on fire because they were stacked too close to the stove.

She said: “We advise people not to stack flammable materials next to stoves.”

West Yorkshire Fire Service will carry out a free fire inspection and install free fire alarms. Contact 0800 5874536.