In this week’s Batley and Birstall News, a shop owner has described the moment a car crashed through his front window in the Wednesday morning rush hour, saying he thought there was an “earthquake.”
Also this week:
- A dementia sufferer was left destitute after her £70K life savings were stolen by her despicable son, a court heard.
- The joint administrators bed and mattress manufacturer Kozee Sleep Beds have informed 160 of the 174 employees that they have been made redundant.
- A lawyer says the number of people who have reported being abused by church officials is “the tip of the iceberg” after more victims of a paedophile priest came forward.
- There was good news for motorists in Kirklees after it was revealed this week the district could get extra money to repair its roads.
- See our picture special as thousands of people filed into Batley town centre to enjoy another successful Vintage Day.
Read these stories and many more in tomorrow’s Batley and Birstall News.