In this week’s Spenborough Guardian, The battle to rid Gomersal of a derelict building that has become a target for arsonists looks to have been won with plans to turn it into housing.
- Worried parents’ wishes were answered when Kirklees Council announced it would employ new staff to help children cross roads outside school.
- A furious widow has slammed British justice after being told that the speeding drink-driver who killed her cycling husband will only spend six months behind bars.
- A student midwife who had to learn to walk again after a horror car crash is thanking her ‘angels of the sky’ by raising thousands of pounds.
- One of the biggest events in Cleckheaton’s calendar begins tomorrow.
- A commemorative event to mark to 20th anniversary of the genocide which took place during the Balkans conflict is to take place in North Kirklees.
- The question of what can get a bride to the church on time is being answered by a husband and wife’s camper van wedding hire company.
- A North Kirklees bus driver tackled a 5K run just 18 months after a triple heart bypass operation that saved his life.
Also, see our summer special Yorkshire food and drink section and our What’s on Where 24/7 entertainment and leisure guide.