In this week’s Spenborough Guardian, a gang of men who targeted the homes of vulnerable elderly residents in Liversedge and Cleckheaton by posing as water company officials have been jailed for a total of 36 years.
- A Wyke minibus driver who caused the death of a teenager, after a hen party ended in a horror smash on the motor-way, was told by top judges he deserved every day of his jail term.
- Raiders smashed their way into shops in Gomersal and Dewsbury stealing jewellery, champagne and a scratch card machine.
- A top fireman has called for safety action after at a der-elict building in Liversedge was set alight for the fourth time in a week.
- The town came together for this year’s Cleckheaton Folk Festival.
- Three ladies who worked in a local mill during the Second World War have enjoyed what they say will be their final reunion.
- A town works together to tackle violence and extremism as the nation fell silent on Tuesday to mark the 7/7 London bombings.
- A cat owner has issued a warning to others after her beloved pet was killed by anti-freeze poisoning.
- Visitors flock to this year’s Wartime Experience in Hunsworth.
- Pop stars get ready to rock Oakwell Festival.
Read more in tomorrow’s Spenborough Guardian!