In this week’s Spenborough Guardian, a Cleckheaton man was caught with hundreds of indecent images of children.
Also this week:
- The stage is set for two days of live music when Crown of lights Festival kicks off this weekend.
- A mum-of-three is urging people to realise the importance of sun protection after her own life was threatened by skin cancer.
- A taxi driver had his mobile phone stolen in an unprovoked attack in Cleckheaton.
- Cheers! Beer fest ready to hit Spen.
- A support centre for women in need has launched a desperate appeal after funding cuts left it with no money.
- A North Kirklees MP has slammed the Government on delays to transport improvements following the release of minutes from a rail bosses’ meeting.
- Figures released by the Department for Work and Pensions this week suggested unemployment in North Kirklees had decreased.
- A war veteran is set to take on a gruelling triathlon challenge this weekend when he takes part in a nationwide competition.