Lots to look out for in this week’s Spenborough Guardian, including:
- The battle to save Cleckheaton Library is given fresh impetus as new statistics reveal it to be the second most used library in Kirklees.
- The principal of Kirklees College publicly criticises Prime Minister David Cameron as the institution faces further cuts to its already hard-pressed budget.
- Blue badge holders will have to pay to use Dewsbury and District Hospital’s car park under new regulations.
- A prospective Paralympic athlete has cycled from Morecambe to Bridlington to raise money for a specialist sport.
- We take an in depth look at the housing crisis in West Yorkshire as figures reveal the number of first-time buyers relying on their parents for financial help is increasing.