Reporter Series Business Awards 2013: winners revealed
Last night we celebrated the best in business at a glittering ceremony at Dewsbury Town Hall.
The Reporter Series Business Awards honoured firms of all shapes and sizes, praising innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and hard-working staff.
Look North presenter Clare Frisby presented nine awards to the lucky winners, judged by Kirklees Council chief executive Adrian Lythgo and the chief executive of last year’s Business of The Year, Rixonway Kitchens’ Paul Rose.
Guests at the black-tie event enjoyed a drinks reception courtesy of the council and a three course dinner before the awards began.
This year’s winners were:
○ Entrepreneur of the Year – Richard Binks, managing director of Binks Development
○ New Business of the Year – Hecky Pets
○ SME of the Year – Hannah’s Tea Rooms and Bakery
○ Large Business of the Year – ALS Food and Pharmaceutical
○ Retailer of the Year – The Mill and Cathouse Clothing
○ Business for the Digital Age – Fantastic Mobile
○ Innovation Award – Legacy Sport
○ Investing in the Future – Park House Healthcare
○ Business Person of the Year – Andy Hobson, managing director of Fantastic Media
See next week’s paper for full coverage and all the pictures from the awards.