Jewellery and watches worth £25,000 were stolen during a house burglary in Cleckheaton.
The break-in happened at the property on Nibshaw Road between 11am and 12.30pm on Friday.
Kirklees CID’s PC Sally Baines said: “The items taken during this burglary are very distinctive and unusual and will stand out if they are offered for sale.
“They represent a lifetime of collecting antique watches and this incident has caused the victim a considerable amount of distress and heartache and we are working to reunite these pieces with their rightful owner.”
Items taken included:
* Omega watch – 18 carat gold with diamond bezel;
* Omega 14 carat gold Hunter pocket watch;
* Walthem 14 carat gold pocket watch;
* Three 9 carat double Albert pocket watch chains;
* Large silver Albert pocket watch chain;
* Fourteen fobs;
* Distinctive silver fob watch on an Albertine chain;
* Two gold sovereigns from 1879;
* Omega ‘bird cage’ clock;
* Gold charm bracelet;
* A small metal safe containing cash and passports.
Anyone with information is asked to ring West Yorkshire Police’s 101 number, quoting log reference 13170122780, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.