Washing machine sparks garage blaze

Library picture
Library picture

A washing machine sparked a garage blaze in Liversedge yesterday afternoon (Sunday)

Fire crews from Cleckheaton and Dewsbury were called to Penn Grove, Hightown, at around 4.30pm.

The fire began in the washing machine and spread to other smaller items in the garage.

The house was also left smoke logged and a male occupant was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary suffering from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus at the scene.

The scene was cleared by 5.30pm.