A woman who died after being rescued from a flat fire has been named by police.
Firefighters rescued Lorraine Darwin, 49, from the blaze at the property on Greenwood Road, Tingley, on Sunday.
But she later died at Pinderfields Hospital.
Crews from Hunslet and Morley were called to the scene at around 9.25pm and discovered the flat was on fire.
They smashed through three windows on the top floor of the building to release some of the smoke.
The fire crews then went into the building where they found the woman inside and rescued her.
Mrs Darwin was unconscious and they performed CPR at the scene.
Ambulance crews arrived soon after and Mrs Darwin was taken to hospital, where she later died.
West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the most likely cause of the fire was believed to be a knocked over tealight.
Area manager for fire safety Ian Bitcon said: “This has been a tragic incident and our condolences go out to family and friends.
“This case highlights the dangers of tealights or candles and we hope others will take extra care whilst using them.
“Candles can seem like a good way to create a relaxing or romantic atmosphere and as tealights have a metal base people can be under the impression that they can be placed directly onto any surface.
“However they must both always be used in an appropriate holder and should never be put directly onto a combustible surface. The metal base of a tealight can reach incredibly high temperatures and conduct heat.
“This is hot enough to melt plastic, for example, if placed on top of a TV or around a bath. If this ignites a substantial fire can quickly develop and spread to the rest of the room.
“Whilst it may well be obvious, it shouldn’t be forgotten that candles and tealights are naked flames and can easily set fire to all manner of things in the home, which is why they shouldn’t be left unattended.”