25 football questions to use for your online pub quiz
IN recent weeks, virtual quizzes with family and friends have become one the most popular ways to pass the time with the majority of the nation observing lockdown measures.
Last week, we brought you 25 sport questions to use for your online pub quiz and today, we have another selection of 25 questions which are all football related.
Coming up with good questions can be tricky, so feel free to use the whole list below or pick a selection of your favourites and why not grab a pen and paper and test yourself first with all the answers revealed at the bottom.
1. Which venue is set to host the final of the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament?
2. The German Bundesliga has returned to action in recent weeks - which club has the most top-flight German titles?
3. Spain won their first World Cup in 2010 but who did they beat in the final?
4. Which club has appeared in the most FA Cup finals without ever winning the trophy?
5. Which club holds the record for most League Cup titles?
6. Which striker scored the first ever Premier League goal on the opening weekend of the competition in 1992?
7. In what year were Leeds relegated from the Premier League?
8. Which country is the only one to have appeared at every FIFA World Cup?
9. Which player holds the record for most goals scored at the FIFA World Cup?
10. The UEFA Cup Winners Cup was last played in the 1998-99 season before being absorbed into what is now known as the Europa League. Which country had the most winners of the trophy? a) England b) Spain c) France.
11. Huddersfield Town won three league titles in a row in the 1920s, who was their manager?
12. Who scored a hat-trick for Tottenham Hotspur in their second-leg semi-final over Ajax in last season's Champions League?
13. How many Champions League/European Cups titles have Real Madrid won?
14. Which of these countries has not had a player win the Ballon D'or? a) Scotland b) Wales c) Northern Ireland
15. Who did Chris Wilder manage immediately before taking charge of Sheffield United?
16. Which outfield player has earned the most international caps for England?
17. The FIFA Women's World Cup was established in 1991 - which nation has won the most titles?
18. Which player has scored the fastest hat-trick in the Premier League?
19. Alex McLeish tried to sign which football superstar after being alerted to his ability through the video game Football Manager?
20. Who finished the 2014/15 League One season a point behind Sheffield United but when the season was suspended sat 103 places behind them?
21. Which player scored the golden goal to win Euro 2000 for France in the final with Italy?
22. Which MLS club does David Beckham own?
23. Which nation won the Euro 1992 tournament despite not initially qualifying?
24. Which two English players have won the Golden Boot at the World Cup?
25. Which League One club won the Northern Premier League title in 2008?
1. Wembley; 2. Bayern Munich; 3. Netherlands; 4. Leicester City. 5; Liverpool; 6. Brian Deane; 7. 2004. 8; Brazil. 9. Miroslav Klose; 10. a) England; 11. Herbert Chapman; 12. Lucas Moura; 13. 13. 14. b) Wales; 15. Northampton Town; 16. Wayne Rooney; 17. USA; 18. Sadio Mane; 19. Lionel Messi; 20. Chesterfield. 21. David Trezeguet; 22. Inter Miami; 23. Denmark. 24. Gary Lineker and Harry Kane. 25. Fleetwood Town.
First and foremost - and rarely have I written down these words with more sincerity - I hope this finds you well.
Almost certainly you are here because you value the quality and the integrity of the journalism produced by The Yorkshire Post’s journalists - almost all of which live alongside you in Yorkshire, spending the wages they earn with Yorkshire businesses - who last year took this title to the industry watchdog’s Most Trusted Newspaper in Britain accolade.
And that is why I must make an urgent request of you: as advertising revenue declines, your support becomes evermore crucial to the maintenance of the journalistic standards expected of The Yorkshire Post. If you can, safely, please buy a paper or take up a subscription. We want to continue to make you proud of Yorkshire’s National Newspaper but we are going to need your help.
Postal subscription copies can be ordered by calling 0330 4030066 or by emailing [email protected] Vouchers, to be exchanged at retail sales outlets - our newsagents need you, too - can be subscribed to by contacting subscriptions on 0330 1235950 or by visiting www.localsubsplus.co.uk where you should select The Yorkshire Post from the list of titles available.
If you want to help right now, download our tablet app from the App / Play Stores. Every contribution you make helps to provide this county with the best regional journalism in the country.
Sincerely. Thank you. James Mitchinson, Editor