Liversedge's clash with Albion switched to Farsley Celtic

Liversedge FC's Northern Counies East League Premier Division clash against Albion Sports on Saturday has been moved.

Thursday, 17th November 2016, 12:36 pm
Updated Friday, 18th November 2016, 12:22 pm
Joe Walton scored his 14th goal of the season against Thackley on Tuesday.

The match was scheduled to take place at Clayborn (kick off 3pm) but a waterlogged pitch means the game will be now played at Albion’s home of Farsley Celtic’s Newlands ground (LS28 5BE).

Liversedge will reach the halfway point in their Premier Division season this week as they play two games in five days.

Sedge go into Saturday’s game away Albion Sports on the back of four straight defeats, while they face a trip to Bottesford Town next Wednesday.

Albion’s 2-0 win over Worklsop Town on Wednesday was enough to move them above Liversedge into third place after Jonathan Rimmington’s men suffered a 3-1 defeat at home to Thackley on Tuesday.

Thackley’s win at Clayborn saw them move top of the table and the new leaders and second placed Cleethorpes Town appear to be opening a gap between themselves and the chasing pack.

Liversedge’s performances in the first half of the season have been pretty impressive and it took them until the 37th game of last season to reach the 34 points tally and they will look to bounce back from their recent blip against Albion.

Tuesday’s derby defeat to Thackley was Sedge’s fourth straight loss in the Premier Division.

Joe Walton bagged his 14th goal of the season to give Liversedge the lead after 21 minutes but Thackley hit back with two goals before the break.

Sedge’s lead lasted just two minutes as Josh Snowdon headed home to level matters.

Thackley went ahead on the stroke of half-time thanks to Kris Hargreaves’ thunderbolt strike.

Both sides were evenly matched after the break but it was Thackley who sealed victory when Ryan Farrell’s fifth goal of the season ensured the visitors left Clayborn with all three points which moved them top of the table.

Liversedge slipped to a 2-1 defeat away to Clipstone last Saturday.

Clipstone led through George Milner’s 26th minute goal and doubled their advantage with Sam Forster netting after 39 minutes as the Cobras led 2-0 at half-time.

Liversedge pulled a goal back through a Rhys Davies penalty on the hour but they were unable to find an equaliser and slipped to a third straight league defeat.